Saturday, August 31, 2013

NEW LOOK 6145


I was inspired by a combo of Sew Gorgeous' New Look 6909 dress http://sewgorgeousblog.blogspot.com.au/ and this Amy Butler fabric.
 
 
New Look  6145 looked like a good option. A -line I can make and love to wear. I liked the fitted look of the princess seams but the A-line seemed like an easier choice, as I have never done a collar before this one looked easier .


 
 
This was a very easy dress to make and the pattern was easy to follow. I made a size 10 with only  a few minor adjustments through the hips. Really I could bypass the zip as with the Colette Laurel and if I can, I might as well. The collar was easy to fit and I managed to get it even first time! However there is a lot of bulk under the collar. Two layers from the collar itself,  one layer which is the dress and one more from the facing. Whilst these layers need to be layered to reduce the thickness I think it is still bulky. I am wondering if bias binding would work in place of the facing? I might try bias next time as I will definitely make this dress again. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please follow this link and vote for Colette Patterns. Colette Patterns are a great product, if you haven't used one, then try one, you will be surprised.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment