Friday, October 5, 2012

HIPPIES and WIDE LEG PANTS


HIPPEASTRUMS are one of my favorite Spring flowers, closely followed by this beautiful Orchid.





Hippies and Orchids are just like my  friends, beautiful, happy, low maintenance and always there year after year.


It has been school holidays and I have been fortunate enough to spend the time with my wonderful children, I had lots of plans but didn't get much done. I have spent my time doing some baking, tidying up some end sewing, reading and generally chilling out.



I did manage to make 2 pairs of wide leg pants. Again I morphed a pattern with a pair of wide leg pants that I already have. On it's own the pattern just wasn't quite right, too high in the waist and not wide enough in the leg. once married to the pants it  seemed to come together.



Simple stuff, straight seems, loose elastic waist and even looser drawstring waist on the striped pants. I used a striped linen and a super fine cotton, both are beautiful fabrics to work with and to wear,  cool and easy for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment