Thursday, August 23, 2012

ALMOST SPRING

Finally, the weather is warming up. The sun is setting a little later and rising a little earlier, I think Spring is just around the corner!

This week I am still working on passports - rigmarole and forms, I hate them both!

Somewhere in between I did the things I really like. I baked a vanilla cake with passionfruit icing.  It's a super easy cake that I bake a lot and  a good use of our home grown` passionfruit.

125g melted butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 1/3cup SR flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.


Preheat oven to 160 deg C. Sift the flour and combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well. bake in any greased tin that you like for about 30mins (?) or until it's done. Too easy.

You can easily change the identity of this cake to CHOCOLATE . To do this modify the recipe to
1 cup SR flour and
1/3 cup  cocoa powder



I also made another dress from my favourite pattern right now.  Butterick 5415. I loved this Amy Butler fabric and originally bought it for a Colette Peony. I prefer it in this style, though these pics aren't showing the colours that well. I have a lot of fabric left, def enough for a skirt, possibly another dress with a neckline change, I'm thinking square. I have decided I should  stick to sewing what I know and what fits rather than what I covet!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment