Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sew Happy

Photo of Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic sewing pattern for women.
Image courtesy Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic pattern.

Life continues to be happy and wonderful, esp when a sewing project comes together.


I made Sew Liberated School House Tunic on the recommendation of the really nice girl I was talking to at the fabric shop. I was buying fabric for another project and, chatting away, I got caught up in the moment and, do I need another pattern?, Oh well what the hell....?

http://sewliberated.com/products/schoolhouse-tunic-sewing-pattern








My tunic/dress came together well, the sleeves were really easy to fit,  just as the sales person said they would be.

I traced the pattern, made the muslin and adjusted the sizing but not too much and I am happy with the result.


Whilst I made the dress length I am a little uncertain about it. This length really cannot be worn by "women of a certain age" without thick tights, leggings or over jeans.



 
 
 
And, YES I am happy, I have a wonderful life and I have been clearing out the clutter. Not so much "out with the old , in with the new" but streamlining, minimalizing  and making life simpler.
 

 
 
May days in  QLD  make me happy, clear blue skies, 26 deg temps in the days and a little cooler at night, why would you live anywhere else????
 


 
Dancing in the rain makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment